Aer Lingus Web Check-in
Check-in online and save time at the airport.
Web Check-in and 30 Day Advance Web Check-in
are available for passengers on selected routes.
Please review the availability options before proceeding.
Online Check-in requires you to print your boarding pass.
To do so you must have Adobe Acrobat reader. Download here.
Flight departure within the next 30 hours
Flight departure outside of 30 hours
Use Web Check-in if you are between 30 hours and 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
*Web check-in timing guidelines:
- Web check-in for travel from Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Belfast, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Bristol, Kerry, Isle of Man and Waterford is available from 30 hours in advance up to 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Web check-in for travel to and from New York (JFK), Boston, Chicago and Orlando is available from 24 hours in advance up to 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Web check-in for travel from all other airports is available from 30 hours in advance up to 4hours and 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Web check-in is currently available on the following routes:
- All flights between Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- All flights from Ireland to Continental Europe.
- All flights between Ireland and the USA. Flights operated by our codeshare or interline partners are not eligible for online check-in.
- All flights from Alicante, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bilbao, Bologna, Bordeaux, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Catania/Sicily, Copenhagen, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Düsseldorf, Faro Algarve, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Helsinki, Ibiza, Izmir*, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Marseille, Milan/Linate, Munich, Nice, Palma Majorca, Paris, Perpignan, Prague, Rome, Salzburg, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Tenerife, Toulouse, Venice, Verona, Vienna, Warsaw and Zurich.
- Passengers travelling from the USA with Web boarding passes must present themselves at the dedicated Web check-in counter at the airport at least 75 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time.
- All other passengers who check in online are advised to allow sufficient time to check baggage and proceed through security checkpoints. The time necessary for security and document checks may vary by airport, day, and time. Aer Lingus advise all passengers to be at the boarding gate at the latest 30 minutes prior to departure. Passengers arriving late to the boarding gate will not be accepted for travel.
- After you Check-in online you can proceed directly to the Bag Tag and Drop desk where your checked luggage can be processed. Please note that Bag Tag and Drop off desks are not available at all airports.
- Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers. To change your seats, click the 'Change Seats' button on the 'Seating' page.
- Please click to view the Transport Security Administration Secure Flight Privacy Notice for Transatlantic passengers.
- *Passengers using web check-in from Izmir must go to the check-in desk at the airport to get a standard boarding pass issued in exchange for their printed version as per local authority requirements.
Use Advance Check-in if you booked via www.aerlingus.com and are between 30 days and 30 hours before your scheduled departure time.
If your flight is scheduled to depart within the next 30 hours, please use the standard Web Check-in facility provided above.
30 Day Advance Web Check-in is currently available on the following routes:
- All flights between Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- All flights between Ireland and Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
- All flights between Ireland and Lyon, Nice, Paris, Toulouse, Perpignan, Marseille, Bordeaux.
- All flights from Ireland to Amsterdam, Rennes, Agadir.
- You must assign seats before you can use advance check-in.
- It is not possible to Advance check-in for Group bookings. Online web check-in can be used where available. Please use the standard Web Check-in facility provided above.
- If you booked flights via the Aer Lingus call centre or a travel agency, online check-in will become available 30 hours prior to your departure time. Please use the standard Web Check-in facility provided above.
Please ensure your carry-on is within the specified allowance.
Bags outside of this allowance must be checked-in and the relevant bag fee will apply.
Download our cabin baggage allowance guide here.
View the Aer Lingus cabin baggage guidelines:
One single piece of cabin baggage.
All carry-on must be within the size dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 24cm.
Aer Lingus Regional (flight numbers 3000 to 4000 operated by Stobart Air) size limits are 48cm x 33cm x 20cm.
Etihad Codeshare flights size limits are 60cm x 35cm x 20cm.
Your carry-on must fit inside the gauge units at the airport (including wheels and handles).
Weight limit of 10kgs (7kgs for Aer Lingus Regional and Etihad Codeshare flights).
Business Class, Gold Circle cardholders and Flex Fare customers
Business Class, Gold Circle cardholders and Flex Fare customers are permitted one additional personal item e.g. slimline laptop bag.
This item should be stowed under the seat in front (at Row 1 / Exit seats it should be stowed overhead).
General Cabin Baggage rules
- The above cabin baggage size and weight limits are strictly enforced at the airport.
- Bags exceeding the above allowances must be checked-in and the relevant bag fee will apply.
- You must be able to lift your own carry-on baggage into the overhead locker unaided.
- Please stow smaller bags under the seat in front of you keeping overhead space free for larger case-type bags.
- Due to capacity restrictions on board, you may be asked to gate-check your carry-on baggage if we do not have sufficient stowage space on board.
- EU security rules regarding liquids, gels and aerosols in cabin baggage apply. Details of these rules can be found here: Prohibited Items.
- Flights departing the USA are subject to TSA security rules. Details of these rules can be found by clicking here: tsa.gov.
- Passengers in Row 1, or at an emergency exit, MUST store baggage in an overhead bin.